Tuesday 7 May 2024

Day 74 Abancay to Ayachuco

I really enjoyed this day with the spectacular views of the Andean mountains and the patchwork of small farms for miles and miles. I am sure I will never fully appreciate the sheer scale of the mountains in South America, with views that are incredible. The challenge is to keep an eye on the road, not to the mountains until I stop!

The road was good and we ran around hundreds of curves including many hair pin bends, and thoroughly enjoyed these. I stopped regularly for photographs and video, as I am now riding last or second last in the group of five, as requested. Surprisingly to me, Sheryle did not enjoy the day as much, but it is understable as the truck had to negotiate all those corners at slow speed. 

JC has told me that another rider will join us on the trip with twelve days to go which might be interesting. His name is Ned Meisner and he is an American from Missouri who now lives in Ecuador. JC announced this to the group the next day. This might change the dynamics a little. 






No comments:

Post a Comment