Wednesday 10 April 2024

Day 48 - Itazaingo to Las Curiosas Eco Lodge

The sign on the side of the road said 832 km to Salta, where we are heading for a couple of days, following tonights accommodation at Las Curiosas Eco Resort, but we have only 492 to go to the resort today. We are heading west still in the region known variously as La Plata or El Chaco, and there are Gauchos (Cowboys) on the side of the road in various places.

At our first stop we meet a group of other riders from Brazil, about six of them riding both BMW and Harley Davidson  motorcycles, and they are very keen to engage with us, however my Spanish is barely good enough and JC translates where we have been and where we are heading. They ask him LOTS of questions about which cities are safe and which not, outside of Brazil. I give them a card with my details and a sticker for Compass Expeditions and they are very happy for these and to me some Australians! Overall, Australians seem well received in South America.

We head off again, just the four of us, as Jeff's bike is still on the back of the truck and he is travelling with Sheryle and Willy in the Ford. I head out last and get mixed up on the roads, following road works at an intersection and Willy chases me down in a town. I would not doubt have found a way ok, but it adds a couple of kilometres. No issues for me. 

We arrive at Las Curiosas which was once a farm in the 1970s and was updated with some separate rooms for accommodation, four rooms to a building. I went for a swim with JC. It is one of these resorts that has seen better days and some judicous tree and lawn trimming would help!

We all gather for dinner in the main dining room, which turns into a very good evening with everyone engaging with each other. Sheryle and I have a bottle of wine the first for many weeks. The others drink whiskey. Now its time for sleep. 






No comments:

Post a Comment