Tuesday 5 March 2024

Day 13 - Rest Day in Calafate

Now in Calafate, I am finally making best use of the excellent internet speeds, which are many times the quality of those in Chalten!

My stomach is not truly fixed yet after some bad empanadas I think, so a genuine rest day in the picturesque village was well appreciated. 

After a limited breakfast of black coffee, yoghurt and plain toast, I walked outside to find Willy taking the smashed lenses off the rear lights of the truck, and replacing them. They were damaged by all the flying stones on Ruta40 - and we still have some way to go on gravel to Torres de Paine!

I walked around looking for signs that I didn't understand and made notes of the words in Spanish for my daily lessons. I also posted a Post Card to dad, which cost me 50 cents, but the postage was $6! I think it will go via courier. I also dropped some washing across the road at the Lavadero, and the nice lady worked through my Spanish with me - Hoi means "today" so I knew I was going to get it back in time!



No comments:

Post a Comment