Saturday 24 February 2024

Day 3: Vamanos! (Lets go boys)

 I fianally managed to get a good nights sleep in Chile - all 6 hours of it. 

And that despite waking at 1:47am and talking to Sheryle on the phone as mentioned. Today's Desayno breakfast did not start until 8am and finished at 9, so I had plenty of time to prepare before our 303km ride to Pucon, a spectacular tourist town in the mountains beside lake Villaricca, a favourite holiday spot for many Chileans as I was to find out when I went for a swim.

About 27 km before we reached the classic hotel on the Lake, we stopped on the other side for lunch to revel in the sight of a perfect vulcano cone also called Viallarrica. We decided to climb it tomorrow. However the gods did not agree and it started smoking from the caldera in the afternoon. Climb is off!

So we stopped our perfect hotel, and I put some washing in, went shopping for water etc, had my clothes washed and waited for Paul to deliver two new speciality power adapters, which he did. Wonderful mate.

I ate tea alone as Rahn could not find my pin, and enjoyed my first very alcoholic Pisco Sour and a Salmon Navarra - one of the best pieces I have eaten in ages. And now to sleep as tomorrow we stay here another day and maybe go to the Piscina Caliente (hot springs!).


No comments:

Post a Comment