Saturday 23 March 2024

Day 30 - Chajari to Obera

 This was slated to be a fairly long day, but I work feeling great .

So we hammered out sections from 124km to 180km with ease. There were some sections with all vehicles running at 140km/hr, and I was very concious of taking care with overtaking all the trucks at speed.  Bascially you need a lot more room! I was also very well aware of the police road-blocks every hundred kilometres, and was actaully pulled up at one. 

We ended up in a nice hotel in an obviously wealthy town.  The road had followed the river and boundary with Uruguay and when I asked JC why we had not visited that country, he indicated there was not much to see! I need to research that as the scenery has been changing by the hour and becoming more lush and almost tropical. 

The Hotel had both a cinema and a bowling alley within, and my room was huge, with a great view. I enjoyed it immensely and slept soundly after a long shower.

The bikes were parked securely about 1.5km away in the hotel shed which happened to work out well as it happened. I walked across the street and bought some water in the evening then had dinner in the hotel restaurant at 8pm with the others. It didnt open until then!



No comments:

Post a Comment